Vermeer Heartland is a full-service dealer of Vermeer industrial equipment across West Virginia, Southern Ohio, Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Tennessee. What started out as a single dealership with only three employees and has grown to include five locations and over 60 dedicated team members. With decades of experience in sales, parts and service, the folks at Vermeer Heartland offer a wealth of knowledge – not only about Vermeer equipment but also about the industry as a whole. Vermeer Heartland is proud to have a salesforce who connects customers with subcontractors when a job needs to get done. With a robust parts inventory, on-site customer support and knowledgeable salesforce, this is the kind of service folks have come to expect from Vermeer Heartland.
The Service Coordinator administers the customer’s lifecycle experience for service and warranty. They should be a capable leader, with a strong technical background and ability to coordinate, organize and supervise personnel. They must be capable of administering the day-to-day service operation including writing service, shop assignments, personnel, standards of performance, work output, work order processing and technical support to satisfy customer’s service needs. The service coordinator is an integral part of the operations team.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Acts as a primary point of contact for technical support, manage customer and internal needs for tech support or direct communications with service specialist via phone, email and other virtual technologies. Including outside vendor support.
• Provide accurate description and preliminary diagnosis based on customer complaint, validate technician diagnosis resolves customer complaint.
• Opens service work orders in EBS system with unique segments for each repair and corresponding job codes. Adds or adjusts segments throughout repair cycle as necessary.
• Schedule and dispatch service work according to priority and maintains an orderly flow of work leveraging the EBS system functionality.
• Verify parts necessary for repairs, collaborate with parts personnel, check stock, order and pull parts for service jobs. Manage back orders and items issued to shop jobs as necessary.
• Advises customers (external or internal) of necessary repair service including estimates of cost; make recommendations to customer for preventative maintenance and upsell opportunities.
• Validate warranty coverage and initiate warranty claim in the system (EBS and iWarranty). Cooperate with the Warranty Administrator to ensure that all necessary information, photos, documentation, and return parts are properly maintained.
• Promptly inspect rental returns and advise and bill customer for needed repairs.
• Coordinate with Sales Manager on equipment request forms, equipment transfers and trucking loads between branches. Including obtaining any necessary permits.
• Coordinate with management to adopt Best Practices and manage the implementation throughout the service department. Such as; job codes, bar scanning, online and technology driven technical support.
• Coordinate with the Warranty Manager to achieve service technician training objectives.
• Review technician time on jobs, process daily time and ensure that it is properly applied to appropriate jobs. Approve daily time and weekly payroll reporting.
• Responsible for making sure shop area is clean following 5S practices.
• Shared responsibility for the safety of service technicians and maintaining a safe working environment in the shop area and other work areas or customer job sites. Facilitate bi-weekly safety and toolbox talk meetings. Record attendance and respective notes.
• Administers service bulletins, campaigns and IK Kits. Collaborates with Parts, Service and Sales management to achieve target implementation goals and meet deadlines.
• Monitor Vermeer Insight (Fleet Management) systems. Notify customer of present or potential issues and leverage technology to enhance the customer experience and upsell services.
• Collaborates with Parts and Service Management to file Quality Notification Forms (QNF) or Return Material Authorizations (RMA) with Vermeer and other vendors as necessary.
• Assist Sales Department with evaluation of trade-ins. Responsible for prompt reconditioning of trade-in equipment in accordance with approved scope of work.
• Orders and maintains optimal inventory of shop supplies and parts for service department.
• Assist with personnel management of Service Department staff including; problem resolution, time-off request, uniforms, and other areas as needed.
• Inspects all completed work. Reviews work orders for accuracy and completeness. Ensure labor, parts, and misc. items such as fluids, freight, mileage and sublet repairs are included.
• Closes work orders within EBS. Reopen and make adjustments to work orders when necessary.
• Act as primary liaison and communicate between customer, technician, parts, sales, to effectively inform all involved parties and ensure timely and accurate communications.
• Act as Service Department Cashier. Ensures that COD customers are managed according to company policy. Collect payment upfront for special work or non-stock parts. Receive payment in full before releasing equipment.
• Collaborate with Parts and Service Management to track open work orders and manage the administrative process to achieve and maintain targets of 3 days to close.
• Coordinate outside labor from engine and component suppliers when needed.
• High level of computer proficiency and ability to utilize EBS business operating system.
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, high demand role on a consistent basis.
• Ability to sit, stand, lift and twist repeatedly and for extended periods in both internal and external environments.
• General willingness to help others and be a team player.
• Excellent customer service skills, able to handle customer complaints, de-escalate situations, accept criticism, able to turn negative situations into positive experiences and opportunities.
• Must demonstrate excellent people management skills for both internal co-workers and subordinates as well as external customers and suppliers.
• Available on short notice to work overtime as customer demand or VHL operations dictate.
• 2+ years of formal technical school training in hydraulics, electrical, gas/diesel engines and structural systems or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of formal education in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of experience as a service manager/writer experience or equivalent in a dealership environment.
• 1-3 years of experience with Vermeer industrial equipment or equivalent commercial, agricultural or material handling equipment.
• Demonstrated familiarization with EBS or equivalent business operating system.
Vermeer Heartland is in search of a Washington Court House, OH based service technician. We are a full-service equipment dealership serving central and southern Ohio. Vermeer is an industry leader in the landscaping, pipeline, organic recycling, utility installation, wood waste processing and tree care industry. We are looking for a dedicated individual who is willing to go the extra step to help grow our service business and continue to satisfy our customers. The service technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Inspects and troubleshoots equipment to assess condition and diagnose repairs.
•Installs, troubleshoots, adjusts, replaces, repairs, and rewires electrical systems and components, such as ignitions, signals, lights, and electrical controls, including computer controlled components
•Adjusts and/or repairs automatic and manual transmissions, differentials, power-take-off drives, clutches, and related drive train components
•Adjusts, disassembles, and repairs or rebuilds drum and disc braking systems, valves, master cylinders, and pneumatic or other hydraulic controls
•Uses welding and cutting equipment to make repairs
•Orders materials and supplies required for maintenance and repair work
•Keeps records of work performed, time and materials used by job
•Performs on-site field repairs to stationary or disabled equipment
•Other duties as assigned.
•Excellent mechanical skills.
•Strong computer skills.
•Excellent customer service skills.
•Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment.
•Excellent oral communications and written skills.
•Strong organizational skills.
The Field Service Technician I – will primarily be responsible for performing preventive maintenance (PM’s), field campaigns (IK Kits), diagnosis, and repair, along with some minor fabrication and welding on Vermeer equipment and other similar manufacturers. Work may be performed in the field at customer facilities or job-sites or in one of our shop locations. The Field Service Technician I, works Safely and efficiently using a wide variety of tools and instruments along with working knowledge of, and/or experience with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical principles necessary. They will hold themselves and others accountable for providing a superior customer experience and upholding Vermeer Heartland reputation with our customers, partners and communities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Preventive Maintenance / IK Kits:
Diagnosis and Repair:
Training and Continuous Improvement:
Quality and Safety: